Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:57 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Stupid Fox
Hey Kenobi, just would like to say thank you for this. It has really helped a lot in code hacking for me.

OH by the way check out my cool code for Pokemon Platinum on youtube click here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:16 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

v1.50 is out.

What's new (it's in the archive's .txt file, but I also post it here in case some people don't know how to open a .txt file...) :
Quote:
Update in version 1.50 :

!!! Don't try to unpatch a v1.50 patched rom using an older TTRomPatcher !!!
(means delete the old versions, and only keep the v1.50 one, to avoir troubles)

- changed the patch applied to the ROM. Now the patch kinda waits for the
Trainer Toolkit's hardware to be ready before applying itself. I also changed
the location of the data to compress in ARM7, to avoid any conflict with the
devices' firmwares' patches. Finally, I try to force the EXMEMCNT value to 0xE880.
These changes allow the TTRomPatcher's patches to work on almost all devices/firmwares.
However, for some of them, you'll get white screens. This applies to CycloDS, EZVi,
AKAIO, AK2i, and Yasu. To make the TT work for these devices/firmwares, you need to
remove the Trainer Toolkit's hardware before launching the game, and insert it when
you have two white screens. It might not work for all games, and might create a desync
between ARM7 and ARM9 (sound problem)). To fix the compatibility for these devices,
their firmware should be updated to set EXMEMCNT (0x04000204) to 0xE880 (for AKAIO and
AKA2i), and all of them must also check if the Trainer Toolkit is inserted (this check
is simple : str a value at 0x08800000, ldr the value from 0x08800000. If the value
readen is the same than the value written, that means the Trainer Toolkit is inserted
and no other GBA SLOT access should be made, else the Trainer Toolkit communication will
crash). Finally, the CycloDS hangs when starting a game (even a non-patched one) when
the Trainer Toolkit is inserted, so there could be an infinite loop somewhere in the
firmware that should be fixed. Some other combinaison of games/firmwares could give
white screens (like Tales of Innocence on the R4, because the firmware
patches the game to force EXMEMCNT to 0xE800, disabling ARM7 access to the GBA Slot).

- added a "Action Replay" option. If you have a file with a code handler in ARM
and some codes, name it AR.bin and put it inside the TTRomPatcher's folder. That
way, when a game will be launched, the TTRomPatcher's patches will write the code
handler in the RAM and will create a hook for it (using ARM7). The code handler
and the codes must be in the same file. It allows you to apply cheats even if your
device(/emu) doesn't support them (properly).

- made that when the rom's header is changed (when using the "copy to rom"
option) some unused byte in the header are changed so the crc16 (used for
the CBDS ID CODE) and the crc32 (used for the ARDS ID CODE) will still be the
same. This feature adds a small delay when patching a rom. However, with this v1.50
version, the "compress ARM7" should always be used (switch to "copy to rom" only if
"compress ARM7" doesn't work - btw, the CycloDS doesn't support "copy to rom" at all).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:41 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Newbie Coder
thanks kenobi :)
this update is very helpful

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:13 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

v1.70 is out.

Thanks to Normmatt (AKAIO) for his work on AKAIO compatibility (will be avaible in AKAIO v1.5), and the idea of supporting parameters.

New in this version :

- more full compatibility (AKAIO, EZVi, YsMenu : no need to remove/reinsert the hardware anymore, the tool will fix the problem by itself).
- support for parameters (you can now use a command line to launch the tool, or drag/drop a file on its executable/shortcut).
- corrected a small problem with the "Action Replay" patches, that would not work properly if the trainer toolkit hardware wasn't inserted.

Check the .txt file in the archive for more informations.

Edit : btw I didn't like the 1.60 version number, so I moved directly to 1.70.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

i get told error in TT.bin file. when i try to patch the rom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:18 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Have you followed the steps that explain how to create the TT.bin file, as explained here ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Just to let everyone know, I found out the "problem" with windows 7 (/vista?), that doesn't allow drag&drop (and that shows the UAC message when the tool is started).

All of this comes because there is the word "patch" in the program name : if you rename it "TT Rom Pаtcher.exe" for exemple, using a cyrillic "a", it works fine... (wtf?)

I read some stuff about some (internal/external) .manifest file to add to make the program work without restrictions, but I couldn't find anything useful for 7 (was mostly for vista).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
... What the fuck?

Feed me a stray cat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I finally found more information while googling.
Here for a simple manifest file (was made for Vista, but seems to work fine on my windows7).
And here (the "accepted solution" post) for the way to include this manifest into the program on the building process of Delphi.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:04 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Just to let you know, some users reported me there was a compatibility problem with the latest AKAIO (since 1.8.0).

I finally had some time to look into it, found the problem, and told Normatt about it.

Thanks to him, this has been resolved with the latest AKAIO loaders (released on 13/01/2011), which can be found on the AKAIO.net website.

Edit : whoa been almost 1 year before my last post in this thread... Time flows so fast :/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:07 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Newbie Coder
kenobi wrote:
Just to let you know, some users reported me there was a compatibility problem with the latest AKAIO (since 1.8.0).

I finally had some time to look into it, found the problem, and told Normatt about it.

Thanks to him, this has been resolved with the latest AKAIO loaders (released on 13/01/2011), which can be found on the AKAIO.net website.

Edit : whoa been almost 1 year before my last post in this thread... Time flows so fast :/

thanks for that :)
i thought the problem was on my side....
was having some trouble with a few games :P

anyway, when can you show me some ropes on code hacking :>