Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:25 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I downloaded the advanced map for pokemon under that pokemon rebirth topic and I edited the maps and tried to run pokemon and it wouldnt work so i downloaded it again from another site and it still wouldnt work. Even after downloading another visual boy advance from a different site and a different version it still didnt work. For some odd reason it works on no$gba. Could some one plez tell me why?

Thanks in advance. :D

P.S are there really any rom hacks in the request section?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................wah...o feel asleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:46 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
The answer is simple, No$gba has a more accurate emulation core. VBA's must have a bug in it that prevents the game from running.

If you haven't already, you could try VBA-M and see if any of the improvements they made help. If it doesn't work with that you could make a thread there about it, but don't say you downloaded the ROM or else they'll get mad at you. <.<

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:52 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Dualscreenman wrote:
The answer is simple, No$gba has a more accurate emulation core. VBA's must have a bug in it that prevents the game from running.

VBA has the most accurate emulation core, be it for GB or GBA. VBA emulates the prefetch correctly, emulates the "real time drawing" correctly, has correct timings and emulates a bunch of small hardware particularities other emulators don't know/care about. I know because I spend countless hours making tests on the real hardware and "applied" the results in the emulator. However I admit it is badly written (I (re)wrote most of its emulation code, but I never learned C++... that should explain it) so it's slow, can be a bitch to configure, and might still have a bug or two that could prevent some games to work properly. But anyway I'm pretty sure all Pokémon games work flawlessly.

Now, a "it won't work" message doesn't help much. But what is it about ? White screen ? The 'battery has died' message ? And which Pokémon game are you talking about ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:21 am 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
Oh, I confused "badly written" with "works badly". :P

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:02 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: King of Jews
I have had Pokemon Emerald (E) work with VBA, but I have not been able to get the (U) to work