Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

Post subject: BSFree (code resource)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:22 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
ALL COMPLAINTS/BASELESS HATE TO GO HERE

Current mirrors:
http://www.bsfree.org/
http://gshi.org/bsfree.php
http://z64.emedian.net/bsfree/index.php

Download mirrors:
http://gshi.org/downloads/bsfree.7z

Just thought this should have an official thread here...

BEFORE SENSELESS HATING PLZ READ, KTHX

Parasyte wrote:
TS_Death_Angel wrote:
Why not modify this BSFree thing into a fully working code organizer with usernames/searching and use it for the Kodewerx website?

That would go against our entire idea of what Kodewerx should be. I've said it before: I do not WANT the largest code database in the history of the planet. That is the agenda of an egomaniac.

I was content to let GSC host the largest code database in their completely crippled (AKA "protected") form. But with BSFree, who wants crippled code browsing?

As far Kodewerx goes, we have a better plan in store. It involves openness instead of crippling protection. There is plenty of discussion about it. Most of which can be found with the search page.

And did GSC finally close shop and move on? Well, I guess they made the right choice.

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

Last edited by Dualscreenman on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:04 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
It's a good code resource. I'm just glad it's been liberated and that I don't have to mess with it. The KCM project will continue regardless; we never have intended to duplicate GSC (or to have the largest database of codes), which I guess is what BSFree has already accomplished. *shrug*

Feed me a stray cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:12 pm 
Kunt (Banned)
Kunt (Banned)

I swear that you guys should do something similar like that!

^courtesy of Z3R0^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
Updated the mirror list. LoLz

cady_driver wrote:
I swear that you guys should do something similar like that!

Parasyte wrote:
TS_Death_Angel wrote:
Why not modify this BSFree thing into a fully working code organizer with usernames/searching and use it for the Kodewerx website?

That would go against our entire idea of what Kodewerx should be. I've said it before: I do not WANT the largest code database in the history of the planet. That is the agenda of an egomaniac.

I was content to let GSC host the largest code database in their completely crippled (AKA "protected") form. But with BSFree, who wants crippled code browsing?

As far Kodewerx goes, we have a better plan in store. It involves openness instead of crippling protection. There is plenty of discussion about it. Most of which can be found with the search page.

And did GSC finally close shop and move on? Well, I guess they made the right choice.

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.