Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:25 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
So I was playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the Sonic Classic Collection. (I'm a sucker for portable nostalgia) I've played through the game and gotten all the chaos/super emeralds, and was playing through the game again with my newfound Hyper Sonic abilities.

I'm in Marble Garden Zone, Act II, right before the boss battle, where Dr. Robotnik comes through the floor with his drill thingy and starts making the ceiling collapse. (Around this area.) I am Hyper Sonic at this point, and at around the location corresponding to 2:25 - 2:27ish on the previously-linked video, I do a double-jump with Hyper Sonic. (This does a "lunge" move, as well as a flash that kills all on-screen enemies)

In response this, the game fades out and back in to Sonic 3's two-player mode. :? I really have no idea how double-jumping could have triggered this.

Before I continue, I should note that Sonic Classic Collection is basically just a commercial Genesis emulator with the ROMs of Sonic 1 - 3 & Knuckles (Including the "& Knuckles variant" of 2) with a small menu to select between the games. But since the emulator cannot support multiplayer (and the aspect ratio of the DS is different than that of a TV), multiplayer mode was cut and somehow removed from Sonic 3 and Knuckle's menu. (Perhaps via a ROM hack?) I can't help but wonder if this is related.

I took some pictures of multiplayer mode in action; othing special. You just play multiplayer mode with one player. One interesting thing I did note was that the graphics at the bottom of the screen look a bit funny. The mountain background sprites don't seem to line up, maybe a byproduct of the emulation.

At any rate, does anybody have any insight into how it is at all possible for a double-jump to trigger the multiplayer menu to load? I'm really curious.

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:35 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
I'd say, "DEBUG IT!" but that's just me...

Feed me a stray cat.