Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: R4 users please read!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:12 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Ancient Code Sage
I am calling on our members that use or have proficient experience with the R4 to verify the following:

Problem: user.dat cheat file in _system folder of R4.

Observation to date:

1) using code cheat editor to parse user.dat file has resulted in successful matching of Game ID in game rom header to that in Game ID for cheats of the same game in user.dat

2)UNTIL now that is...Indiana Jones And The Staff of Kings for USA is not showing cheat menu at bottom of game selection directory screen. This means that somehow, even though Game ID is matched...the R4 does not see it that way.

3)Two independent yet similar program algorithms, the first using the Datel Tool Trainer, and the second using the Game ID tool in the cheat code editor for R4 program both yield the same exact answer. The Game ID is presented in the thread on the Indy codes elesewhere in this forum.

4)The Action Replay for NDS is showing and using the same inputted codes with the same Game ID. The Game ID of the rom and the real cart are exactly the same!

So why then does the cheats not show in the game directory of the R4 once the game is highlighted? This is the only game so far that has cheats that has not worked in the R4. The R4 is of the SDHC trype, for the NDS not NDSi,the file size of the user.dat is well below the max allowed at 4 Mb. All the obvious stuff has been checked. I am calling on those who have advanced programming skills to input a reply with possible causes and solutions to this problem.

One possible solution to test: Create a new user,dat with ONLY the Indy Staff Kings Game for USA and see if the cheats now show. This will take the editing parse factor out of the equation should that be in error by the program.

Second: Importing XML file into cheat code editor to parse file did not work either for getting this to work. IT HAS WORKED on any other game I have tried before!!

So in conclusion: If you are one of those brains with a talent for programming in dat and XML I would appreciate your help in solving this problem.

Thank you.

mac

Last edited by macrox on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:50 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

The workaround I used is to use a better Loader like the acekard.nds file which works on all games I've tried, obviously this isn't the answer you wanted but just giving my opinion on that same issue I've had on many games with the R4.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:25 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Newbie Coder
Hmmm.... interesting

i still reckon is the 4MB bug..

anyway where did you get the cheat.dat of yours?
so i can try and see what happens :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:25 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Ancient Code Sage
See PM I sent you.

Also...I just read some forums where other people have found the file table to be corrupted or partially so. So I am going to backup the games, format the SD card and reinstall a fresh copy of the kernel and see what happens.... back later.

mac

UPDATE; It seems the R4SDHC still has an issue....but the R4III Upgrade did not. I see the game icon...the cheat box appears as it should...the cheat codes are working as with the AR. So, I am not entirely sure WTH is going on but I am pretty sure it has to do with the system files on the R4. So I will try again.... Thank you for those that wrote to me in PM and email.

Further Update- FIXED! I was right. The sys file was messed up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

3 years yet you do not know that this is NOT the place for help.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]