Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

Post subject: NDS Game IDs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:28 am 
Komrade
Komrade

What region of a DS game is the checksum after the game code in a game ID of?

I was led to believe it was the whole ROM, but that's clearly not the case...

Post subject: Re: NDS Game IDs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:42 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Script Monkey
Zeld wrote:
What region of a DS game is the checksum after the game code in a game ID of?

I was led to believe it was the whole ROM, but that's clearly not the case...

The first 4 characters is the game's interal region ID. The first three of which are the game's ID and the ID of the company who made the game. The last digit is the region identifier. E=USA, P=Palenstine/European, X=Multilanguage, J=Japanese, F=France, K=Korea, etc. The last 8 digits are a CRC check of the games headers, not the entire game itself.

The massively compiled CHEAT.DAT! It contains cheats for over 1000 games! LATEST UPDATE: 02-08-09. Image
Supports: R4DS, M3 Simply/Real, G6DS Real, DS TopToy, Acekard RPG/2, Supercard, CycloDS, EDGE flashcarts.
Follow the NEW official cheat Thread for more information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:16 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

I knew how to FIND the first 4 characters, but I didn't know what it consisted of.

Narin wrote:
The last 8 digits are a CRC check of the games headers, not the entire game itself.

This is the part I didn't know about.

Can you be more specific on what entails the header(s) that are being hashed? I'd like to be able to calculate it myself should I find a need. If it's a complex process to do by hand then I guess I'm stuck using existing applications. If it's a single area that's easily located (or perhaps always in the same spot!) then I'd like to know (my hex editor can do CRC32s of specific regions).

Interestingly enough, doing a CRC32 of an entire game in particular yields a checksum with the top 16 bits equal to the bottom 16. This in tandem with the fact that the checksum I got didn't match the one my Action Replay Code Manager was displaying gave me a surprise.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:54 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Using NDS Header Tool 2.0 I get the first 4 characters easily, but it has a CRC16 of the header which is only 4 characters long, how can I extract the header and then CRC32 the header for the correct 8 character string? and does it matter if the secure area is decrypted? how long is the header as well so I know exactly how many characters to CRC32 for the hash.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:20 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Sorry for the double post but using R4CCE and encrypting the secure area of the rom using eNDryptS I was able to get all the info for the Game ID. Just found out that you can use decrypted secure are rom as well.