Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

Want an MPH Stat Code Generator in AR Workshop?
Poll ended at Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:13 pm
Heck Yes! 82%  82%  [ 14 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Too "Game Specific" to be included 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:13 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I have been seeing a few people asking around for someone to generate them specific stats for metroid prime hunters. Would anyone be interested in a MPH Stat Code Creation tool in AR Workshop? or would it be too "Game Specific" to be included in the program?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:29 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Yes'ms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:37 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
If it's a general hacking tool, it should not rely on game-specific hacks. Even options for "porting" codes are not very desirable. :\

Feed me a stray cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:08 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Parasyte wrote:
If it's a general hacking tool, it should not rely on game-specific hacks. Even options for "porting" codes are not very desirable. :\

Thats what I thought. Although the poll shows 4 to 1 for it so far, I probably wont add it in. Perhaps I will create it as a separate program? About it being a general tool, isn't porting codes kind of a general thing? If I were to add a porting tool I think all it would do is ask for a code list and offset amount and add the offset to each code in the list and produce a new list. That way it can be used for any game, keeping it general and also time-saving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:16 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Please! Or make it a seperate program. Please! Ive gotten 50 request for MPH stats in just one week, it's getting annoying. PLease make a program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:29 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

!Poncho! wrote:
Please! Or make it a seperate program. Please! Ive gotten 50 request for MPH stats in just one week, it's getting annoying. PLease make a program.

lol, ok ok, I guess I'll make a separate program dedicated to MPH Hacking including a stat code generator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:20 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
Separate program sounds fine.

Feed me a stray cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:16 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: The Mad Hacker
That would be sweet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:55 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: I'm back.
Why would you want a tool to edit your stats, if you want to edit them bad enought, learn hex and do it yourself. Don't rely on a program to do it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:09 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Location: I'm currently looking for myself. Tell me if you find me.
Illusion wrote:
Why would you want a tool to edit your stats, if you want to edit them bad enought, learn hex and do it yourself. Don't rely on a program to do it for you.

a program just makes it that much easier, I watched him test it out today, and it worked perfectly from what I've seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:14 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Z3R0 wrote:
Illusion wrote:

a program just makes it that much easier, I watched him test it out today, and it worked perfectly from what I've seen.

Sure you could do it yourself, but do you really want noobs making 29720537 topics asking for someone to make a specific stat code? I figure I'll just release a program and take care of it all in one post. I should have it posted sometime tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:20 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I see what you mean, but if they are so determined to cheat, then the should be just as determined to learn hex. Just make a guide for learning the basics of hex and then if they feel they are not retarded and can understand it, then they move on. If you want to continue making it, then by all means, go ahead. It's not like I'm going to stop you, I'm just saying that they should learn to do it on their own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:40 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Illusion wrote:
I see what you mean, but if they are so determined to cheat, then the should be just as determined to learn hex. Just make a guide for learning the basics of hex and then if they feel they are not retarded and can understand it, then they move on. If you want to continue making it, then by all means, go ahead. It's not like I'm going to stop you, I'm just saying that they should learn to do it on their own.

Thats true, I plan to include some very detailed explainations of hex, codetypes, and anything non-game specific about NDS hacking in the help file of AR Workshop. As for the metroid code program, I just thought it would be fun and easy to do with my free time. Besides, I need all the sample programs I can make for my job portfolio so I can get a decent programming job. but I guess until tomorrow LEARN HEX all you noobs! at least try something on your own with google! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:43 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
And the Lord said "Let there be script kiddies". I guess there's really no escaping them. :\ You're doing great work kc, keep it up. ;)

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
If you could implement a RAM -> GBA SRAM code generator (the user gives start and end addresses) it would make my llife much easier. * EDIT* whoops... this was meant for the main workshop topic...

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:16 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I think most people that are here, know at least some basic form of hex.

....Someone I was just talking to on MPH asked...."Doesn't hex have something to do with chemistry"........

I told him to go play in traffic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:03 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Location: I'm currently looking for myself. Tell me if you find me.
Illusion wrote:
I think most people that are here, know at least some basic form of hex.

....Someone I was just talking to on MPH asked...."Doesn't hex have something to do with chemistry"........

I told him to go play in traffic

wow...id say im pretty stupid and even I know what hex is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:35 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Dualscreenman wrote:
And the Lord said "Let there be script kiddies". I guess there's really no escaping them. :\ You're doing great work kc, keep it up. ;)

Dualscreenman wrote:
If you could implement a RAM -> GBA SRAM code generator (the user gives start and end addresses) it would make my llife much easier. * EDIT* whoops... this was meant for the main workshop topic...

Give me more details of what you mean and post it over in the AR Workshop Download Topic too, then I'll see what I can do. By the way, AR Workshop will be getting a name change because I do plan on including support for codebreaker and possibly support for GBA which throws out my other name ideas I had planned...... But check often because I will probably ask for some name Ideas and add a poll to see what the people like best. I will officially announce this in the AR Workshop thread at a later date...