Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

Post subject: Flash Cart Combination
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:13 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: A.K.A. "Poppa Pwner"
Hey-
I was wondering if some one could help me out.
I've got a Datel Games N Music slot-1 card (It sucks I know), and I was wondering if it would work with a slot-2 EZ Flash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack, so I can play the Mother 3 Fan translation. Is it possible to flash from the Datel to the EZ Flash, or am I hooped?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:23 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Actually, I'm not entirely sure.

It might be, by use of GBA Exploader.
I don't really see why it wouldn't work.

Narin knows about as much about flashcarts as I do, he probably has a good idea of whether it'd work or not..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:56 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Excellent question. Proceed with result when found.

Arcy is a fag.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:00 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I'm pretty sure it won't work. I've tried this theory out with my M3 with no luck, I doubt there will be a difference with the type of cart.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:58 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Okey-Dokey:
I've received my 3-in-1, and used Rudolph's tool, which I dldi patched for my crap-tacular Games n' Music Card, from which I was able to flash the patched rom to my 3-in-1's NOR memory with NO PROBLEMS. Reads like a real GBA cart! Runs Perfectly!

The only compatability-fail comes from trying to get the 3-in-1 to work as extended memory or a rumble pack...I think due to GnM's lack of a Soft Reset function...so I broke down and ordered an R4 Revo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:57 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Script Monkey
nathan_gignac wrote:
Okey-Dokey:
I've received my 3-in-1, and used Rudolph's tool, which I dldi patched for my crap-tacular Games n' Music Card, from which I was able to flash the patched rom to my 3-in-1's NOR memory with NO PROBLEMS. Reads like a real GBA cart! Runs Perfectly!

The only compatability-fail comes from trying to get the 3-in-1 to work as extended memory or a rumble pack...I think due to GnM's lack of a Soft Reset function...so I broke down and ordered an R4 Revo.

The R4 is near just as bad as the Games and Music. They aren't haven't been updated in like a year and many newer games coming out don't work on it and theres literally dozens of R4 clones out there with many of them having a high chance of bricking your DS or not working at all. The R4 team has disbanded and left the makret so there will be no more R4 updates. Meaning the R4 is dead.

The massively compiled CHEAT.DAT! It contains cheats for over 1000 games! LATEST UPDATE: 02-08-09. Image
Supports: R4DS, M3 Simply/Real, G6DS Real, DS TopToy, Acekard RPG/2, Supercard, CycloDS, EDGE flashcarts.
Follow the NEW official cheat Thread for more information.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I've made a huge mistake.

Would the CycloDS be a better choice?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

nathan_gignac wrote:

NO!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:21 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

nathan_gignac wrote:

The CycloDS is the best flashcart on the market compared to features and support though t does have a heft price tag which to some people, don't justify all the features the CycloDS has. The Supercard DS 1 isn't that bad but it has a very shitty cheat engine and some of its features aren't built into the flashcard and need to be manually enabled by compiling a cheat file for every game. The M3 Real isn't a bad card, it has some decent features for its price, though its not the best card out there.

Stay away from the R4 and DSTT at all costs. Those are well, pretty aweful cards. The R4 has millions of clones running off hacked R4 firmware and well, pretty much see no updates and have a high chance of failure. The original R4 has stopped being manufactured for months now and impossible to find anymore. Though overall, the R4 is dead and is an out dated piece of hardware.

The DSTT is going the way of the R4, updates are slowing down, the team offers little to no support, there are many clones on the market and its getting near impossible to tell a real DSTT from a fake. If you happen to run the DSTT firmware on a fake DSTT, it bricks it. Also the DSTT team has intentionally made it so patched games (For piracy fixes, translations, etc) don't work on their card.

Now for very good budget cards, I would go with the AceKard 2, iTouchDS and possibly the EDGE. The AceKard 2 is what I recommend and its priced fairly cheap. While the default firmware/loader sucks, I suggest using AKAIO, a custom firmware alternative for the AceKard +/2/2.1/2i/RPG which brings in better better game compatibility and features. It has really nice native Slot 2/GBA support, its a lot faster, better game compatibility, auto-patching games that use piracy checks, DMA and many other features that blow the normal AceKard firmware away.

The iTouchDS is basically a stripped down M3 Real and meant for the budget market. It has Real Time Save, GBA support via Slot 2, slow motion and other nice features. You can even run the M3 Real and Sakura firmware on it (Minus some M3 Real specific features) as well. Though the GUI is a bit slow and cludgy to use.

The EDGE started off as an CycloDS clone and it is one of the three carts (Including the CycloDS and M3 Real and I believe the Supercard might as well) that support DS-Wii connectivity though the implementation is a little buggy. Overall, its not a bad card and makes a decent budget card.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. Also you can find more information and reviews of most of the flashcarts on the market over at GBAtemp as well. GBAtemp is a great resource when it comes to flashcarts as Kodewerx is a great resource when it comes to game hacking.

The massively compiled CHEAT.DAT! It contains cheats for over 1000 games! LATEST UPDATE: 02-08-09. Image
Supports: R4DS, M3 Simply/Real, G6DS Real, DS TopToy, Acekard RPG/2, Supercard, CycloDS, EDGE flashcarts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:22 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Narin wrote:
The CycloDS is the best flashcart on the market compared to features and support though t does have a heft price tag which to some people, don't justify all the features the CycloDS has.

You're kidding right?

The CycloDS doesn't have a single feature that the $17 iTouchDS doesn't. (Except "easy" DS-Wii connectivity. Which can be added with a little bit of work.)
When you say "best flashcart on the market", I hope to Christ you're referring to the support, not the card itself.
If the CycloDS cost less $30, I'd call it worth the money, but there really is no reason anyone should buy one at this point unless they just like burning money.

Other than that, you continue to be damn accurate in your knowledge about this shit, I've got no complaints about the rest of your post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:42 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

jleemero wrote:
Narin wrote:
The CycloDS is the best flashcart on the market compared to features and support though t does have a heft price tag which to some people, don't justify all the features the CycloDS has.

You're kidding right?

The CycloDS doesn't have a single feature that the $17 iTouchDS doesn't. (Except "easy" DS-Wii connectivity. Which can be added with a little bit of work.)
When you say "best flashcart on the market", I hope to Christ you're referring to the support, not the card itself.
If the CycloDS cost less $30, I'd call it worth the money, but there really is no reason anyone should buy one at this point unless they just like burning money.

Other than that, you continue to be damn accurate in your knowledge about this shit, I've got no complaints about the rest of your post.

The reason for the high price tag is because it has on board memory unlike the iTouchDS which makes it capable of more features then what the iTouchDS is capable of. The CycloDS uses this memory for in game functionality like the in game memory and so on. It also allows you to use slot 2 cards play GBA games natively from the loader without any third part firmware unlike the iTouchDS and M3 Real which only supports the Real SLot 2 Card. The M3 team threatened the maker of GBA Exploader, a tool to flash games to Slot 2, RAM and Rumble support in just about every slot 2 device to remove support for their flashcards to lock users into using their hardware for slot 2. Also the CycloDS has a much better and more responsive GUI.

While hardware wise, the CycloDS is capable of a lot more than the iTouchDS due to having better hardware and onboard memory, to many, it still doesn't justify the price tag. While the CycloDS is the best over all flashcard on the market due to its great customer support, hardware and feature set, the price tag puts many people off. So if you have money to burn, you can't go wrong with a CycloDS. If you don't really care about what the CycloDS bells and whistles and features, the iTouchDS and M3 Real are very nice alternatives and a hell of a lot cheaper.

So basically the question comes down to it, is paying that much for a CycloDS worth it to you? If not, then the iTouchDS/M3 Real is a very good deal for the bang for the buck value. Though my personal favorite card is the AceKard 2 with AKAIO. While it may not have all the features as some of the other flashcards (Well, not yet at least), AKAIO shines in its own way. Out of all the flashcards I tested, the AKAIO, custom made cheat engine is the best cheat engine of any flashcard on the market when it comes to emulating the Action Replay DS cheat engine. Also most bugs reported in AKAIO tends to get fixed within minutes to hours of the bug being reported.

So anyone with an AceKard series flashcart, I suggest using AKAIO. Their site is http://akaio.gbatemp.net . If you find any bugs, please report them to the bug tracker and also join their IRC channel for real time support, discussions and access to the private hotfix builds they create just about every night.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Quote:
While hardware wise, the CycloDS is capable of a lot more than the iTouchDS due to having better hardware and onboard memory, to many, it still doesn't justify the price tag. While the CycloDS is the best over all flashcard on the market due to its great customer support, hardware and feature set, the price tag puts many people off. So if you have money to burn, you can't go wrong with a CycloDS. If you don't really care about what the CycloDS bells and whistles and features, the iTouchDS and M3 Real are very nice alternatives and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Well, I jumped the gun a bit with the R4, obviously. At the moment, I'm making arrangements to just exchange it for the CycloDS, since it's the only one ConsoleSource.com offers that you would recommend. Even though I haven't got the money to burn, it's really the only stable choice they offer, which in the end is a lot cheaper than a bricked DS. Thanks a million for all the helpful info - it was above and beyond.

Also, would anyone have recommendations for custom firmware or GUI for the CycloDS, or should I be fine with the official stuff? Oh, AND - how is the compatability with GBAExploader? Will I finally be able to activate the rumble feature for my legit DS games?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:49 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Sorry to Double-Post, but I'm still in trouble:

Everything works fine EXCEPT the Rumble feature in my 3-in-1 doesn't work. It isn't being recognized by my official DS games like Metroid Prime Pinball.

Basically, Rumble isn't being recognized in any DS games, not even official carts, or the "Diagnose" homebrew.

All the card has on it is a backup file in its NOR memory.

Also, when trying to enable it through Rudolph's EXPLoader, it freezes at the soft-reset screen. BLAST!

Any ideas?