Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

Post subject: Pokemon Citrine Version
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Taco Boy
Well i saw that Link 2999 made a thread like this awhile back, and in the past few months i have been making this game. It used Emerald as a base, so the title screen still says that untill i can change it up a little. And if you have seen the Anime you might understand this better.

STORY
Team Rocket Members Attila and Hun have continued their chase of Raikou into the region of Citrine. They have decided to split up and have their own teams in order to take over the whole region and finaly capture Raikou. Meanwhile you are a kid in the small town of Frostvile whose dream is too follow in the footsteps of your family and become part of the Elite Four (your 2 brothers and your sister are current members). Your older brother helps you out (just like Steven did). Throughout the game you feat both Attila and Huns plans till after you visit the Volcano, Crystal Lake which awakens Entei and Suicune, then they have a battle in the final gyms town. You have to journey to the Sky Mountain and awaken Raikou to end this fued. But when all 3 cats meet a climactic battle ensues. One of your brothers and your sister come to help you by capturing Entei and Suicune, but it is up to you to silence Raikou before the citrine region suffers irreparable damages.

FEATURES
Snow Tiles

Forget the original routine of Pokemon Emerald, we are kinda going backwards on the west side of Hoenn.

I am going to try and edit the little animation at Sootopolis to feature Suicune(in place of Kyogre) and Entei (in place of Groudon) then Raikou will replace Rayquaza

Im not going to say all 386 pokemon are in here but, you start off w/ the ND and pokes from all 3 gen will be featured

Gyms will be in different towns (Dewfords gym was put in another town) But the gym types will be deferent than they were before(That also means diff gym leaders and diff Elite Four Trainers)

I am thinking about Flushing the Battle Frontier...but in its place will be somtin kool

Two New teams (Team Attila and Team Hun)

Thats it for now

TASKS
Just some stuff that comes to mind

Released the Alpha

Edit Cycling Road - Events up to the Volcano experiance(beta will have 2 gyms)
Release Beta 1
Edit Events after Volcano- 6th Gym and maybe some sidequests(Beta will end at Fortree)
Release Beta 2

Edit Events past Fortree - Finish the Elite Four
Release Beta 3

Tie up looses ends then i will make a final release

CURRENT STATUS

Well i finish the mapping for beta1. Yay!!! I am currently learning level scripting so that i can hopefully redo the gyms and such...after i redo the Gyms and gym leader and stuff i will move on to trainer editing, and then finaly the scripting. But right now i am taking a break waiting on some sprites...but in the meantime i may find a nice picture to edit make as the title screen. There is still much to do before i can finish and release.

VERSION HISTORY

Pre-Beta/Alpha (Released 6/29/08)

Beta 1
Beta 2
Beta 3 (possibly, not sure)
Final Release

SCREENSHOTS
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

These arent the final screens for the towns. They may change in the next beta!

KNOWN ODDITIES, BUGS, and GLITCHES
1. the red arrow at the end of each text bar, its glitchy but it doesnt effect gameplay
2. The scripts in snowbrink city, when you leave with wally and when the dude leads you over to the gym is in the wrong place
3. The place where the female gets off of the truck is in the wrong place

DOWNLOAD IT
Alpha [ips patch]= http://rapidshare.com/files/128409040/P ... -ALPHA.ips
that is a ROM Patch, you need a patcher such as Lunar IPS to apply it to an Emerald ROM
so you can play it on an emu such as VBA, i will upload the full rom soon for those who are to lazy to patch.

Alpha [full rom]= http://rapidshare.com/files/133737804/P ... ersion.gba
this is for you lazy bastards that dotn want to patch an Emerald ROM, just load it with an EMu and go

I know this current version sucks, but for those of you who like pokemon, you may get 10-20 minutes of enjoyment. I am learning scripting and i can guarantee the next beta will pwn this one(i am just waiting on some sprites.) And the attached file is what the title screen might look like

Well, enjoy

Attachments:
title%20with%20raikou.JPG
title%20with%20raikou.JPG [ 7.95 KiB | Viewed 3979 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:38 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Mr. Mime
I have to say, Kudos. It must have been fun making this. Good job.

NDS Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:08 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

it isnt done, it just goes to the 1st gym. I am puting the finishing touches on the beta1 and i will release it soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:27 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I started making a D/P hack not that long ago of Rebirth called Rebirth: Next Gen. It's available exclusively at my site for download. (Currently in Alpha development)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:05 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Link2999 wrote:
I started making a D/P hack not that long ago of Rebirth called Rebirth: Next Gen. It's available exclusively at my site for download. (Currently in Alpha development)

I cant play NDS hacks, mah comp is a piece of shit :(.

And about rebirth for Emerald, was that just a map hack? i never found the time to play very far....i just wanted to know if there was more that just map edits :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:58 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

KhaosKnight1 wrote:
Link2999 wrote:

I cant play NDS hacks, mah comp is a piece of shit :(.

And about rebirth for Emerald, was that just a map hack? i never found the time to play very far....i just wanted to know if there was more that just map edits :P

Minor Hex edits and some other programs were used in it such as A-Starter and A-Mart.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:14 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Mr. Mime
Hey Link I was wondering if on PtP you could show me how to make Rom hacks step by step.

NDS Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:37 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

BenDstraw1441 wrote:
Hey Link I was wondering if on PtP you could show me how to make Rom hacks step by step.

It's pretty simple if you start using AdvanceMap. Just open up the rom and start playing around with it. (Near everything is labeled out for ya)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Then if you want to get more in-depth you can get a Hex editor or a script editor like XSE and start scripting events for the game, like a basic talking script in XSE would be:

#Dynamic 0x800000 <---Offset

#Org @Main
lock
faceplayer
msgbox@talk1
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= Hello there.