Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:20 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

These are kind of small in comparison to some of the stuff you guys do, but I wouldn't of done it without your tools and documentation so I only feel it's right that I post them here! These are my first codes, too!

"C-Left" Fake Selection Item
811EEEDC 0009

This code is kind of odd. It will make a "fake" selection on the deku nuts, which is value 09. You can select any other item to c-left and it'll put it on c-left, but it'll still say the selected item is what you selected. If you haven't figured it out already, the values here on the fake select mirror those on the item value list (i.e. 0000 will be ocarina, 0001 will be deku stick, etc etc).

I was trying to find out the other ones for C-Down and C-Right, which I would of assumed would 811EEEDD, but it isn't! So I decided to get 10 addresses down the street to 811EEECC.

Pseudo HUD Item Selection
811EEECC AABB
81EEECEE CCDD

AA = B Button Value (I suggest 4D)
BB = C-Left
CC = C-Down
DD = C-Right

Ok, so what this code does is essentially what I wanted, the ability to have any item I want on C-Left. However, with a slight twist. 0008 (which is the deku stick) will always let you use the deku stick on c-left. When you select another item however, while it will still say on the item selection screen that you have selected said another item it'll still equip the deku stick to the C-Left button. There's the obvious wrong icon error on c-left, but that'll go away by going in another area. Please note, mind, that it will still say you've equipped another item.

Unfortunately, there is one side effect with this code. It'll equip the Ocarina to the B Button. I have no clue why. I've done a comparison code search using Renegade64 (before it turns to the ocarina and after) and while it only came up with one address, that one address doesn't do anything. If anyone wants to help me out on that feel free, but I'll still be trying to fix it in the mean time.

EDIT: Figured out why it was messing around with the sword. The value is being treated as a literal 16-bit value (unlike OoT where it doesn't matter). Change the first two bytes to 4D (Kokiri Sword) and it'll work fine. I've also added the other code for C-Down and C-Right now too, after figuring out what it does.

Like I said, not huge codes, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:17 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Could you obtain the songs and warp around to places?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:35 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I'll see what I can do!

EDIT: I've found the code to get all of the owls activated

811EEEC6 00FF

But I haven't got a code that will activate the song of soaring code yet. However, that doesn't really matter at the moment, because you can get every song available just by selecting Termina field in the Map List.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:43 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Yay,I hope the songs work.

(Would they work in the demo?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:51 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

They should do. The Demo pretty much has the whole ROM in there as far as I know.

I wasn't able to test out all of them warp points out, but the few that I did test were fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:33 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

So,it has all triggers left intact?

(So if you got out of demo boundries and went all around and did stuff..you could?)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:17 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

That I'm not too sure of, but I don't see why not.