Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ARDS incompatibility
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:03 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Got it memorized?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place and if it is, the mods can feel free to move it or delete this.

Yesterday I sent off to Codejunkies to find out about the ARDS not working on the DSi, thinking it was a firmware problem or whatnot, but I recieved back an email today with this pretty definitive answer to the problem and I thought that I should pass it along so that everyone else knows.

Quote:
No unfortunately the Action Replay is not compatible with the Nintendo DSi. There have not been any announcements regarding development or release of a product of this type.

Based on that I am guessing that they are working on making a new AR for the DSi, but to sum things up, ARDS is incompatible with the DSi and will NOT work.

Post subject: Re: ARDS incompatibility
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:17 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I'm pretty sure anybody who looked at the features would know this, even before buying a DSi. They'll probably never release an AR for DSi because Nintendo can just send out a software update that'll make it incompatible again. They were going to release an AR for Wii but obviously that never happened for the same reason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

dragonboy269 wrote:
I'm pretty sure anybody who looked at the features would know this, even before buying a DSi. They'll probably never release an AR for DSi because Nintendo can just send out a software update that'll make it incompatible again. They were going to release an AR for Wii but obviously that never happened for the same reason.

It is very possible that they could and I think you forget that you dont have to download the update since its not automaticly checked and you have to do it yourself. Updates are not forced on the users so lets hold out some hope that we will have something to enable cheating on the DSi.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:04 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

You have to remember though, anything that is being sold to people has to work no matter what. I bet if they did make an AR DSi, a lot of those people would update their DSi anyway, and if their AR no longer worked they'd complain and ask for refunds. I do think there will be a cheating method, but it won't be an AR.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:15 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

dragonboy269 wrote:
You have to remember though, anything that is being sold to people has to work no matter what. I bet if they did make an AR DSi, a lot of those people would update their DSi anyway, and if their AR no longer worked they'd complain and ask for refunds. I do think there will be a cheating method, but it won't be an AR.

Possibly but its too early to rule out anything yet. There might be something to take advantage of the SD card support to make the cheats work and I do hope it works like that since I have a 2GB and can easily afford a 4GB SDHC card

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:31 pm 
Krew (Moderator)
Krew (Moderator)

Title: "Hacker"
This actually belongs in Dial 911 - Handheld Help. I'll move it there for you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:34 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

lemmayoshi wrote:
This actually belongs in Dial 911 - Handheld Help. I'll move it there for you.

Thanks for the move. Didnt know if I had it in the right place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:58 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

actually whjat i think they will make and ar for the dsi becuase a psp ar came out a couple monts ago in the codejunkies shop and the psp also has to be upgrade evry couple of months. i actually hope they make it like the psp becuase on the psp one its real time so u can check and uncehck codes as you play the game that menas no longer having to shut down/ reset everrytime u wnat to switch codes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:07 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

monachito1 wrote:
actually whjat i think they will make and ar for the dsi becuase a psp ar came out a couple monts ago in the codejunkies shop and the psp also has to be upgrade evry couple of months. i actually hope they make it like the psp becuase on the psp one its real time so u can check and uncehck codes as you play the game that menas no longer having to shut down/ reset everrytime u wnat to switch codes

Well again I would like to point out that DSi updates are not mandatory so that really isnt going to be a problem in the matter. They could also make an emulator that mimics ARDS for the DSi thanks to the SD card support that we now enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:48 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
This is all Martin Korth's fault. He [incorrectly] documented the NDS card bootup and encryption process. So everyone and their mother decided to use the shortcuts he mentioned, rather than fully implementing the spec. All Nintendo had to do was update the ARM7 BIOS to disallow said shortcuts, and all that third-party hardware is rendered useless! Brilliant?

Thus, the third-party-poopers have to release new hardware that acts like proper NDS cards. AFTER THAT, Nintendo's only chance to disable their use is by blacklist.

Of course, I saw this coming three years ago. I was just too unlucky and pissed off by that prick to bother writing a book about it. Fuck 'em. Maybe someone will learn something from this. (Probably not.)

Feed me a stray cat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:52 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Parasyte wrote:
This is all Martin Korth's fault. He [incorrectly] documented the NDS card bootup and encryption process. So everyone and their mother decided to use the shortcuts he mentioned, rather than fully implementing the spec. All Nintendo had to do was update the ARM7 BIOS to disallow said shortcuts, and all that third-party hardware is rendered useless! Brilliant?

Thus, the third-party-poopers have to release new hardware that acts like proper NDS cards. AFTER THAT, Nintendo's only chance to disable their use is by blacklist.

Of course, I saw this coming three years ago. I was just too unlucky and pissed off by that prick to bother writing a book about it. Fuck 'em. Maybe someone will learn something from this. (Probably not.)

Well if we want to sling the mud in their face, its their fault for pulling that bullshit to begin with since they used the shortcuts so they would have an excuse to make a new AR and make money on anyone that is going to upgrade.

If they had any news on a new AR coming out, I would go for it, but now I am thinking on going back to gamestop and getting my Lite back to use as a cheat platform.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:19 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
It all disappoints me. All of it.

Feed me a stray cat.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:49 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Ubersauce
Hypothetically, not saying this is what they'd do due to prime money-making opportunity, but hypothetically, would it be possible for Datel to do a software update to be downloaded on the ARDS through the standard computer program's updater that would make it able to be read on the DSi?
Or is it something to do with the hardware of the ARDS itself that would prevent it from being possible?