For help with trainer toolkit go to https://members.cox.net/dexter0/DSHacking/
For help with converting codes go to viewtopic.php?t=1291Do not post here with stuff like, I got the pokemon event code, but when do I activate it, or any other codes that are single game related!
(However, if the question is why won't the AR let me put codes in it, or will codes work if my AR is from a different country than the game, etc. Then it is OK)
What you currentlywill find in this thread (please tell me if you need help on another topic. Or if you have writen something and you want it in, post it/PM me and I'll edit it in and give you credit for it.) 1.
Not having enough memory, or not being able to add any more codes 2.
Resetting your AR 3.
Adding codes manually 4.
Adding codes without doing it manually 5.
Adding a new subscription 6.
The subscriptions won't load 7.
How to create a floder 8.
What happens if you toggle your folders to radio. 9.
How to tell if folders are toggled to radio 10.
Folders will only let one code be selected inside them 11.
If your computer doesn't reconize the AR 12.
Your AR was sent without a driver 13.
If your mouse freezes when you go into the AR software 14.
Un-passable white screen when you start up your AR 15.
DS doesn't read AR 16.
Where to find the games ID 17.
Can I have codes from a different region than where my AR is from 18.
Can I store games from multiple countries in the same AR 19.
I can't select any/a code(s) in the AR software 20.
How to make codes automatically be selected when you put your game in 21.
The AR computer software says there a problem with the codes you’ve entered 22.
How to update your Action Replay 23.
How to update your computer software 24.
How to create a backup code list. 25.
How to add notes to your codelist 26.
Screen turn white when you hit start 27.
What do do if you keep on getting errors while connecting to a sub 28
How to add a single code from Codejunkies Sub.1. Not having enough memory, or not being able to add any more codes for some other reason(won't let you add codes)
Delete any codes/games that you don't want(I recomend deleting games you know you won't ever get, as this can make room for hundreds, sometimes even thousands of code space)
If this doesn't work then you should reset your AR(look below to see how)Remember that if you auto update your DS it will put all the codes that you don't have onto your DS and delete all your codes that Codejunkies doesn't have in thier subscription, so don't do this, not to mention it will take up the memory space you just freed from you AR.Source Somedude2. Resetting AR
If you are having problems with your ARDS (like not being able to add codes) try to reset it by doing the following: (Note try to delete unnecesary codes first!)
1. With the console powered off, hold A+B.
2. Power up the console while still holding A+B.
3. As soon as the Nintendo screen is displayed, before our screen stating this product is not endorsed by Nintendo, press and hold Start and Select while keeping hold of A+B.
4. Continue to hold these buttons until the Main Action Replay screen is displayed, then release. Your product is reset, and will accept codes once more. ((*EDIT* from somedude) This will delete all your codes so you'll have to put all of them back on the AR)Source Codejunkies3. Adding codes manually
Update your AR so you have v1.52(if you have AR max you won't need to)
Then you can go into your game selection by hitting the green circle on the bottom-left of the touch screen. (Or just hit the green circle when you have your game in)Select your game, then select <add new code>. It will have you name the code, then hit next on the bottom-left of the touch screen. It will now have you enter the code, you can do this by typing all the numbers on the touch screen, when done hit next (on bottom-left of touch screen), and you have now entered your code into your AR.Source Somedude4. Adding codes without doing it manually1.
Open Code Manager.2.
Make a codelist in my codelists.3.
Drag a game into the codelist.4.
Right click add a new cheat.5.
Paste the code into the bottom box.6.
Name it in the top box.7.
Hit OK.Source Somedude
this is for people who have no clue how to add codes to their ar without doing it manually, you do this under my codelists ((*EDIT* from somedude)you may have to update your computer software, do this by hitting software updates on top of the AR window)
and yes i have witnessed people not knowing how to do this:
first right click under my codelists and click add new game:
then after that add the game id (usually found on the game) and add game title
after that right click on the game title and press add new cheat:
after that add the game cheat and cheat title
after your done just drag it to the big box on the right and its now on your ds (if you dont understand this then you are hopeless) Source IronJoey.
(To see one with pictures go to viewtopic.php?t=1124
)5. Adding a Subscription
1. Copy a link. Lets say this one https://www.freewebs.com/nhsomedude/SUB.xml
2. Open you AR computer software.
3. Find top green box titled subsriptions
4. Find the paper with the + sign on it. If you hold your mouse over it, it says Adds A new Subsription Source.
5. Click it.
6. Paste the link into the box. (ctrl+v)
7. Hit OK.
8. Enjoy.Source Somedude
i have also seen people not able to add a subscription because they dont know, so i decided to make a step by step guide
on how to do this:
first click add new sub:
then put in the subscription of your choice, you can find them here https://kodewerx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1302
after choosing your subscription copy and paste it into the box ((*EDIT* from Ironjoey) to paste it you might have to press ctrl+v)
then click ok
after that there are tabs at the bottom, click the tab of the new subscription and choose your cheats:
this should help, and again if you dont get this...your stupid Source IronJoey.
(To see one with pictures go to https://kodewerx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1124
)6. The subscriptions won't load
When codejunkies subscription says load failed it can be caused for many reasons.
2.Your internet was down when you tried.
3.Codejunkies is offline. This happens sometimes and can last up to 2 weeks. Someone's subscription says load failed or can not connect.
If the computer says load failed it can be
2.Your internet was down when you tried.
3.Their website/subscription is down.
4.The subscription was re-located.
If the computer says can not connect, it can mean
1.You mistyped the link.
2.The source that you copied the link from typedit wrong.
3.The link isn't an XML file that the AR software can read.
4.The subscription was re-located
6.Your internet was down when you tried.
7.Their website/subscription is down.
If the computer says can not connect it might be one of the three above topics or you may have typed in the subscription in wrong/you didn't copy all of it.Sorce Somedude7. How create a folder.
In the AR window on the computer add a new codelist in my codelists. Go to your game (Hit the plus sign) and right click and the menu thing will come up displaying options. Select add a new folder and then all you have to do is drag your codes and put them into your new folder. (Once you drag your highlighted code over the folder and let go of it, it goes in the folder)Sorce Somedude8. What happens if you toggle your folders to Radio
When you toggle your folder to radio the folder only lets one code inside of the folder be activated at a time. So overall you don't want to toggle your folders to radio, but sometimes you may want to, for example if you have a always play as character folder, you don't want to accidently turn on more than one of these codes because it might freeze your game.Source Somedude9. How to tell if the folders are toggled to radio
On the computer software the folders will be circle, and on the AR on your DS the check marks will be circle, and the AR will also only let you select one code in that folder.Sorce Somedude10. Folders will only let one code be selected inside them
They are Radio folders. For more information on these folders look at the above two topics.Souce Somedude11. Computer doesn't reconize the AR
Quite a few of these things were shipped without drivers. You can upload them here
I have posted them again. Source kittyprincess66
Use a different USB port.Source Somedude
Push the Cord into your AR so it clicks and goes up, then push it back in. (alot of times either the AR or USB cord aren't in all the way, when it feels and looks like they are.)Source Somedude
Restart your computer with the AR plugged in and on the updating page.Source Somedude(Try this last)
First of all make sure that you installed the new software(USB-AR cord) If you did then re-innstall your CD disk. If it still doesn't work try a different usb socket. If this doesn't work re-install it while using a different usb socket. Source Somedude12. Your AR was sent without a driver
Quite a few of these things were shipped without drivers. You can upload them here
I have posted them again. Source kittyprincess6613. Mouse freezes when you go into the AR software
Restart the computer with both the AR and mouse plugged in.Source MIR14. When you start up your AR all you get is an unpassable white screenIf you have a flashcart
, then you can do the below.
1.) Ready your Flashcart for transferring files.
2) Download this: https://www.freewebs.com/xdite396rw/ards.zip
and extract the .NDS file to your Desktop. (ARDS Frimware v1.00)
3) Open your Micro SD folder (Flashcart).
4) Drag/drop that .NDS file into your "Games" Folder of your SD card.
5) Let it finish.
6) When that is done, take your Micro SD out of your USB Port, and put it in your Flashcart.
7) Boot up your Flashcart.
8 ) Open the .NDS file we just transfered.
9) It should load like a ROM. (Regular Game File)
10) Then you see your old Action Replay DS screen.
11) Take out the Flashcart (Like a regular Action Replay when loading a game)
12) Put in the bricked AR.
13) You should still see the "Computer" symbol in your top-right.
13.5) Plug in your Action Replay to you computer, and open the "Action Replay Code Manager."
14) Hit that symbol, a pop-up should ask you if you want to download and send the newest Action Replay Firmware. Hit "YES" and download/send the firmware to the Bricked AR. (We tricked the system, so it thinks it is upgrading the Flashcart version of the ARDS.)
14.5) WARNING! Watch out for Protocol Errors. You will for sure get one. Then just retry. It should work. If not, keep on retrying. (I have done this to two of my ARDS's, and I know all this works.)
15) When that is complete, turn off your Nintendo DS.
16) Turn the Nintendo DS back ON, without taking out, pushing in, the (No longer) Bricked AR.
17) It SHOULD start, no longer unrecognized by the DS, or not giving you the "White Screen of Death."
17.5) Plug in your ARDS to the computer to send codes.
18 ) BUT! The Action Replay has the error that it's memory is full, without there being any codes on it.
19) Follow step "2." of the "Action Replay Help Thread" and reset your ARDS.
20) Now you are able to send codes to your "Unbricked" ARDS.
Credit to me for busting my hand for this, and Lemmayoshi for finding the ARDS files. The ARDS .NDS file is a ROM, so you can play it on a Nintendo DS Emulator, but it is useless.https://youtube.com/watch?v=T6tQjI5mTM8
That is how you do it, but he wasn't to clear on what files you needed. Lemma and I fixed that. Enjoy. Source xdite396rw
There is only ONE
solution if you don't have a Flash Cartridge. This is BUY A NEW ARSource Somedude
15. DS doesn't read AR
Same as unpassable white screen. Look above.16. Where to find the Games ID
Look on the back of your game on the bottom to find the ID, it will be printed in black.
Or on your AR code manager if Codejunkies has created any codes for that game they will already have the game ID programed in their game, so just drag it to your DS and add custom codes by then dragging the game to your codeslist and adding cheats like normal. Source Somedude
1. Insert Action Replay
2. Take out Action Replay and insert the game you want to find the ID for
3. In the middle box that moves across it should say unknown game
4. in the bottom left corner it will have letters and numbers copy that down and then when you add a game you put that for the ID Sorce XD_bLaZe17. Can I have codes from a different region than where my AR is from
Yes you can. The DS is region free.Source Somedude18. Can I store games from multiple countries in the same AR
Yes you can. The DS is region free.Source Somedude19. I can't select any/a code(s) in the AR software
1. Hit a on the code you want to activate and test to see if it works even if it doesn't show it is selected.
2. If that doesn't work go into the AR computer software and put the game into my codelists and if you have the updated computer software you can double click the code and it will come up with the numbers that the code uses, and type on
right before them, this will make it so the code is automaticly activated when the game is put in.
3. If neither of the above two steps work put the code in again.Sorce Somedude20. How to make codes automatically be selected when you put your game in
1. Go into the AR computer software and put the game into my codelists and if you have the updated computer software you can double click the code and it will come up with the numbers that the code uses, and type on
right before them, this will make it so the code is automaticly activated when the game is put in. (You will obviously have to drag the game into your AR as it will now have new information on it, and the computer can't send the information to the AR without the AR being pluged in and sent the new information.)
2. Go into the AR software while on your DS and at the main menu there is a blue wrench on the bottom right of the screen. Touch it and select Save Codelist Changes. From there hit the Yellow Home Button. Then take out your Action Replay (unless you have ARMAX, then you don't need to take it out.) Insert your game and click one the Green star on the bottom left of the screen. Select your codes in your game and then hit go. The words on the bottom of the top screen will then say Insert Action Replay and will be highlighted in red. Insert your AR and it will save the changes then it will ask you to insert game cart. Do this and the game will automatically load up with the codes on. From now on when you put your game in the Action Replay will have those codes selected. (If you have ARMAX you will not have to take out your AR as it will automatically save it to it since both the game and the AR are plugged in at the same time.)Source Somedude21. The AR computer software says there a problem with the codes you’ve entered
This means there is something wrong with the code you entered. By this I mean you made a mistake when you typed it in. The AR won’t know if codes will work or not. Basically when this message is displayed it means
1. There are symbols that the AR doesn’t recognize (AR only recognizes A-F, and 0-9)
2. There not enough spaces (most likely)
3. The lines are too long (each line has to be made up of two eight symbol sections.)
4. There are not enough eight section parts to it (there must be an even amount.)
For example the codes below WON’T work.
12345678 12345678 > The code to the left won’t work because there is a symbol the AR doesn’t recognize (period after the first eight.)
12345678 1234567F > The code to the left won’t work because there is a symbol the AR doesn’t recognize (G at the end of the first line)
12345678 12345678 > The code to the left won’t work because there is not a space after the first eight.
12345678 12345678> The code to the left won’t work because the first line is to long. (There are 9 symbols, not eight,)
12345678 > The code to the left won’t work because there are not enough eight sections. (There has to be an even number of eight sections)Sorce Somedude22. How to update your Action Replay
1. Put your AR in your DS.
2. Turn your DS on.
3. Hit the mouse on the top right of the main menu, which will take you to the updating menu.
4. Plug your AR USB cord into the AR and into the Computer.
5. On the computer open up the AR software.
6. On the top right of the AR computer software there is a shape that looks like an AR. If you hold your mouse over it it will say Software Upgrade. Click on it and it will ask you if you want to upgrade your AR software.
7. Click yes and your AR will be upgraded.
This upgrade will let you manually type in codes. To learn how to do this look up top under how to add codes manuallySource SomedudeHow to update the computer software
1. On the computer open up the AR software.
2. On the top right of the AR computer software there is a shape that looks like an AR. If you hold your mouse over it it will say Software Upgrade. Click on it and it will ask you if you want to upgrade your computer software
3. Click yes and your Computer software will be upgraded.
This lets you copy and paste codes to your AR. Look above in the topic named How to add codes without doing it manually to see how to add the codes by copying and pasting them.Source Somedude24. How to create a backup code list.
You can create a backup codelist many ways. The easiest is to save your codelist to My Codelists. To do this
1. Turn on your AR and have it on the updating page.
2. Go into the computer software and just drag your codelist to My Codelists.*note*
I recomend that you just drag over the games that you have custom codes over, because when you have alot of games it'll take a long time to transfer, and if you lose games that don't have any custom codes it won't matter if you accidently delete them as you could always just take them off of codejunkies.
You can also create backups on CDs and Flashdrives. To do this
1. Turn on your AR and have it on the updating page.
2. Go into the computer software and drag your codelist to My Codelists.
3. From here drag your codelist to your computer desktop. (or a folder) The codelist will now be saved as an XML file.
4. From here you can burn it to a CD just like you would burn anything to a CD, or if you are using a flashdrive just drag it into it.*note*
I recomend that you just drag over the games that you have custom codes over, because when you have alot of games it'll take a long time to transfer, and if you lose games that don't have any custom codes it won't matter if you accidently delete them as you could always just take them off of codejunkies.Sorce SomedudeHow to add notes to your codelist
It is pretty easy to add a note to your AR codes.1.
Open up the AR computer software.2.
Make your window small enough, that you can still see the desktop/folder.3.
Have the game that you want to add note(s) to in its own subscription. (This is not . necessary, but it makes it easier to find the codes.)4.
Drag your codelist with your game that needs note(s) onto the desktop/folder.5.
Go to File Open7.
You will notice that the XML file won’t be there, to make it appear go to file type . on the bottom of the window and change it to all files. You will now be able to . select it.8.
Scroll to the code that you want to attach the note to.10.
You will see this
All you have to do to attach a note is make it look like this
<note>type in your note</note>
Please note that you must
make the <note>xxx</note> part line up with the <code>code</code> like my example above.Source Somedude26. Screen turn white when you hit start
If it doesn't work, then most of the time one of your codes is a bad code that doesn't work. So try going through all your activated codes that were on to find the bad one. Do this by going through the codes one by one with only that code activated a see what hack is messed up.
If this doesn't work because all of your codes work, then try not activating so many codes. That could be another problem you're having.Source Somedude27. What do do if you keep on getting errors while connecting to a sub
1. Type in the URL of the sub, or click on the link.
2. Go to file, and then click Save As.
3. Save it to your desktop.
4. Open the AR computer software.
5. Drop the codelist into My Codelists
6. The Sub is now in your AR computer software.
If the sub is up-dated it won't be up-dated on your computer, becasue it isn't attached to the internet once it is in My codelists.Source Somedude28. How to add a single code from Codejunkies sub.
1. Make a blank codelist in my codelists.
2. Drag Codejunkies game over to it.
3. Have your codelist of that game in a seperate codelist in my codelists.
4. Hit the plus sign on the games to display the codes.
5. Drag the desired Codejunkies code into your game.Source Somedude
If you think I should add another thing just tell me, and I will, or if you type something up I will add it, but give credit to you. And if you find any mistakes tell me and I will add it in and put ((*EDIT* by yourname
) Information you gave me
I'll keep adding new info into this thread, so check back later and I might have new info in here. If you find any mistakes tell me in this thread, I won't mind I've already edited it 81
times If you still have questions post here, and not in a new topic