Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:19 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Stupid Fox
Hey Kenobi, I am running into an issue will using your program, which I have never encountered before. I am making dumps from Trainer Toolkit, but when i load it into your program I get a "Stream Read Error", so I am wondering what I may be doing wrong. If you can help that will be greatly appreciated. Thank You for your time.

OH by the way check out my cool code for Pokemon Platinum on youtube click here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:14 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Hey kenobi what emulators are you using for making the dumps? I've tried using no$gba 2.6a but hasteds and emuhaste doesnt work with this version emulator, Ive tried using iDeaS and using hasteds works, and have made a dump of level 1 and level 2 with their own health codes codes, but then I am presented with a massive list of pointer codes, is there anyway to shorten the list or will I have to do trial and error ? Is there anyway to test the codes out besides on a flash cart? I know no$gna has code support but codes I hacked on iDeaS are different then when I hacked them on no$gba using emucheat,oh the game is Naruto Shippuden Ninja Council 4 (U) in case you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I figured out how to make it work on this emulator, seems newer roms are encrypted? so I chose that option and its reading and dumping fine now, but the question about the massive list of addresses still remains.

Last edited by Helder on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I only use the TT to make dumps.
One annoying way to reduce the list is to take a ram dump from level 3, then make cross comparison (lvl1/lvl2 results vs lvl1/lvl3 results vs lvl2/lvl3 results).
For my part I usually go by trial and error. The good addresses are usually the first you find.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Now any dump I use turns up no results, odd. I dumped before using the same method as I am now and I get nothing in the Pointer search tab.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Cheater
Thanks for making this program! I using DeSmuME version 0.96 and support dumping into BIN file. Finally, I got pointers in your program! Games I maked for AR codes is How To Train Your Dragon! So, keep your program up for next verison!