Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CodeLinx DS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I used to find this nds cheat device curious, so I finaly got myself one (it's an old device,was out on the end of 2007). I didn't really tried it yet, just looked at the codes book and the website.

So here are some small informations about it, for those that didn't looked into it before :
- The device seems to use the ARDS code type (all the codes type I saw are the same than the ARDS : 0,1,2,9,B,D0,D2,E...). They are unencrypted.
- Unlike the ARDS, it doesn't seem to use an automated (m) code search, as you have to enter a keycode for each game. But this keycode could have (an)other purposes. Also, it uses a "simple" ID number (without CRC).
- It has a slot to insert a NDS cartridge inside it.
- You can enter codes manually, or by using sound. And that's what makes this device kinda unique. You can hear the sound of the codes on the official website (http://www.linxpro.jp). For exemple here. I guess it could be useful to people without a computer near them, as they can "upload" codes by going to the website using their mobile phone.

So, the next step for me is to analyze it, and find out :
- Is its code engine a clone of the ARDS code engine, or are they any differences ?
- Where are the code handler/codes stored in memory once a game is launched?
(- Can the ARDS hacks be ported to this device ?)

Also, I'd love to make an app that would convert codes to sound for this device, just for the "challenge/fun", but I doubt that'll ever happen (not sure if I'll have the time, and even if I did I'm not sure I have the skill to do it...).

Anyway I'll update this post once I get some interessing infos.