Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WiiRd - WiiRd GUI
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:16 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

http://wiird.l0nk.org/wp/
(Check the download section).

You need the gecko hardware to use it. All the software needed to get it work is included in the package.

It's a "public beta" for now. It has been tested a lot, but changed a lot too, so there still might be bugs in it. Feel free to report them, so we can fix them for the next version.

Post subject: Re: WiiRd - WiiRd GUI
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: The Mad Hacker
Yay! Thanks for including pointer search, kenobi. ;)

Can't freakin wait to start hacking it! hahahahah :D

Any way to get the USB Gecko any cheaper? heh.. I'm never gonna pay off all my credit card debt.. lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:37 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Unfortunatly be aware that pointer search can be useless in some cases (I think I've put a note about it in the doc), but yeah, I though adding it directly in WiiRd GUI instead of having another tool would be better.

Some things will be added/improved for the next version, like the possibility to use more than 2 files for the pointer search, the possibility to use files for the code search, a watchlist...
Feel free to post suggestions too !

Also be aware that WiiRdGUI had some issues with vista (the part where I launch vdappc and read its output seems problematic). I tried to correct them, and it seemed to be working on my tests, but it some users are still reporting errors :/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Any idea when we'll be able to just use the USB ports on the Wii?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

No clue. I've just worked on the gui side, and a bit on the code handler/wii gecko.
But I know nothing about Wii USB/SD/WiFi...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:50 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Cool cool, thank you my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:07 pm 
Krew (Moderator)
Krew (Moderator)

Title: "Hacker"
WEEEEE!!! Great job, Kenobi, Link, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:54 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Click Here <------
what progress 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:02 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mario Kart 64 Hacker
Twilight Spectre wrote:
Any idea when we'll be able to just use the USB ports on the Wii?
Wii and PC are both USB hosts, so that won't work. Should be no reason we can't use the LAN port/wifi though. There are a few open-source apps that use it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:13 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: the bored one
First of all.. USB would work.. there are special USB connectors.. however it's not feasable. The basic idea behind thje USB Gecko is simple and powerful:
-no network code needed (GCNrd was 32 KB - it had to use network code.. WiiRd is only 4 KB); thus the chances our WiiRd memory interferes with games is lower (however it still exists!) - besides very very many games for Wii reset the network connection on load.. and it would be very hard to handle that..
besides: if the game uses it at that moment.. how do we sync our data in between? Thus we need a connection method which is not in use by the game.. and the USB Gecko is a nice solution. Of course it's not ultimate!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:39 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

from what i've read nice program

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:11 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

If we patch IOS in RAM, which I'm guessing is possible via security flaws, both problems should be solved. IOS is sort of a "black box" system; games can only talk to it, and it handles networking and other I/O. That means there's no way a game could even detect, let alone overwrite our hook, and we'd be in full control of the networking hardware. Theoretically we may be able to pass the game's packets right along for output and filter to detect our own for input, or use the built-in wifi for games and the USB lan adaptor or Bluetooth for our own purposes.

Even if we can't patch IOS, we can still use it to do the networking stuff (in fact, we'd have to), which should significantly reduce overhead.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:24 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

So, what's a reliable place to pick up USB Gecko so I might use this? I always like to ask beforehand because how shady some of the places that sell these things are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:27 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: the bored one
HyperHacker wrote:
If we patch IOS in RAM, which I'm guessing is possible via security flaws, both problems should be solved. IOS is sort of a "black box" system; games can only talk to it, and it handles networking and other I/O. That means there's no way a game could even detect, let alone overwrite our hook, and we'd be in full control of the networking hardware. Theoretically we may be able to pass the game's packets right along for output and filter to detect our own for input, or use the built-in wifi for games and the USB lan adaptor or Bluetooth for our own purposes.

Even if we can't patch IOS, we can still use it to do the networking stuff (in fact, we'd have to), which should significantly reduce overhead.

That's a pretty interesting idea and frankly spoken: I could imagine that this would work. However, it also has some problems. The Wii menu uses IOS30.. old games might use IOS9.. Mario Kart Wii uses IOS31.. and therefore all those IOSes would have to be patched.

Still the IOS approach seems interesting.. it would allow hacking without even using a loader.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:22 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

@Freeza

I got mine from http://www.modchipcentral.com. No problems at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:59 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

keep it up 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:43 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Could this be a possible way to use it via Wi-Fi?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:43 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Is the protocol publicly available? I'm interested in writing a PC-side program (probably C++) which would have a couple of the WiiRD features... namely peek and poke. Would it be more feasible to use the console version from my program? (There is a console version, correct?)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this is a dumb question.

Thanks!

Edit: never mind, sorry, the console version looks like it would work fine... ignore this post, sorry for the spam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

REDSOXROX wrote:
Could this be a possible way to use it via Wi-Fi?
Um. No. That's completely different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:08 am 
Komrade
Komrade

Link wrote:
HyperHacker wrote:

That's a pretty interesting idea and frankly spoken: I could imagine that this would work. However, it also has some problems. The Wii menu uses IOS30.. old games might use IOS9.. Mario Kart Wii uses IOS31.. and therefore all those IOSes would have to be patched.

Still the IOS approach seems interesting.. it would allow hacking without even using a loader.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Custom_IOS_Module

I don't suppose that would help put networking code into the IOS to reduce program size?

Could we use a custom IOS module to take care of the non-game specific code and then just worry about reading pad input to call stuff from the IOS module? D:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:44 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Why do we need to worry about pad input? Input should come from the PC side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:30 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

I suppose it could. :P

You know what I did the other day? I was in my circuits lab and forgot that each chip has multiple groups of input/output pins and tried to gather a single chip for each time I needed a gate.

I wound up using 3 chips instead of 6, but seriously, college is NOT helping my brain work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:53 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

You're lucky, you get to play with circuits. I'm doing math and English. Game Design hasn't done anything interesting yet and Japanese hasn't started yet. Yawn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:54 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I finally got around to trying this yesterday. It crashed A LOT on me yesterday. I had originally written this post to ask if you had any ideas why it was doing that, but I turned off compatibility mode and uninstalled my Antivirus and it worked fine today.

Just some feedback:
- What happened to the peek button? I used that quite a lot when testing specific addresses, now you can only poke unless you bring up the command line?
- If it crashes once, whenever you relaunch it switching tabs always causes it to crash. You can't seem to re-use it normally unless you reboot.

If you're ever around on ICQ anymore there's something else I'd like to ask you about. I'll save that for another time though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:08 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Hi there,

There was a peek button (under gcnrdgui) ? Can't remember that... The only way to peek with wiirdgui is to bring up the memory viewer and enter the address you wanna watch. I started working on a watchlist/peek tab in december, but I never finished it (and hadn't enought time to work on it since that time) :/

About the crashing, it depends "how" it crashed. For my part, I never had to reboot if it crashed. However my best bet is that wiird.exe is still running, hidden, in the background, which blocks wiirdgui because it can't launch a new one (wiirdgui should tell wiird to close itself, but if wiird is not responding, wiirdgui will be kinda stuck). Try ctrl+alt+sup, and kill wiird.exe manually (if it's still running) before relaunching wiirdgui.

Also, you wanna check wiird official site, Link has posted a new wiird version that has some major fixes (wiird had some threading issues, which could block the wiird/wiirdgui communication). He also compiled a new vdappc with the opcodes specific to gc/wii.

I guess I should put them together with wiirgui and update the version avaible here...

Unfortunatly I'm not on IM lately. Best chance to contact me right now is to PM me on kodewerx.

(btw, which OS are you using? Wiirdgui works "fine" for me on XP (just got some rare/random issues with breakpoints mainly), and Vista gave some troubles but it should be kinda ok I guess (from the feedback I had)).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:20 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

kenobi wrote:
There was a peek button (under gcnrdgui) ? Can't remember that...

It was right next to poke.

kenobi wrote:
About the crashing, it depends "how" it crashed. For my part, I never had to reboot if it crashed. However my best bet is that wiird.exe is still running, hidden, in the background, which blocks wiirdgui because it can't launch a new one (wiirdgui should tell wiird to close itself, but if wiird is not responding, wiirdgui will be kinda stuck). Try ctrl+alt+sup, and kill wiird.exe manually (if it's still running) before relaunching wiirdgui.

I know, I've done that. I usually do "End Process Tree" to kill it when it crashes, so it takes the command line process away too. And I grabbed the latest version I could find (0.92) on Sunday and have been using that.

kenobi wrote:
(btw, which OS are you using? Wiirdgui works "fine" for me on XP (just got some rare/random issues with breakpoints mainly), and Vista gave some troubles but it should be kinda ok I guess (from the feedback I had)).

I've been using Windows 7. I suppose I could install XP in a VM and use that, but I'd like to save that as a last resort. I've still got XP on my desktop machine, but that's because I need it for the Trainer Toolkit. Unfortunately, I moved about 8 months ago and my desktop is no longer near the TV, so I have to use my laptop for video capture and hacking.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:34 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Good to see you interested in Wii hacking, Sappharad!

If you want to contribute to the WiiRD Code Database, just send me a PM and I'll get you setup mate. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:37 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Demi-Hacker
This is very helpful information, although it is outdated.

WiiRdGUI has been updated and no longer crashes when switching tabs, nor does the interface look the same that that one guy posted. Though I'm very new to WiiRd Hacking, I have made my own codes for myself. I would need help though on creating other codes for other games. If you are an expreinced hacker and have made your own codes, simply PM me and we could hook up and talk about it. You can always find me on my forums (located in my sig) and chat with me there.

I wish the Enhacklopedia would get updated. Specificly this one:
http://doc.kodewerx.org/generic_code_hacking.html

The code guides already there are useful, but I wish that the information would be updated on how to create the other codes.

I have a USB Gecko, and I can create a few codes thanks to the Enhacklopedia. I play CoD: MW: Reflex. I own my own forums, and you can find many codes for different games there. Go to http://hax4wii.tk/ and sign up to see the codes. Thanks.