Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:30 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Alright, I have checked most of the topics about web filter circumvention, but FortiGuard blocks all of their solutions. The system includes some sort of way to determine any new proxy-I'd imagine before loading the site, it pings to see if the site loads a test flash, which leads to them calling it a proxy. Here is the site: http://www.fortinet.com/products/web_filtering.html and here is a utility that checks sites versus the database: http://www.fortiguardcenter.com/webfiltering/webfiltering2.html . If you have a suggestion, please make it browser-based because the teachers really do not care if you screw around in IE, but, in the non-browser world, for example, my friend got detention for toggling the brightness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:47 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: All in a day's work.
The obvious solution is setting up a secure connection to a proxy machine. Either HTTPS or plain ol' SSH.

Feed me a stray cat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Hmmmm.... I completely disregarded that option! Thanks.
Edit: For future information, it definitely is some sort of plugin ping........www.iyhy.com is an example of a misplaced domain because of their technology. Least now I can visit kodewerx through that, till I get around to setting up a server. ( I know it isn't hard, have done it in the past, but i seem to be having trouble finding one with password function, that isn't a This Site Requests..... pop up, because those sites are flagged for admin viewing, the user registered with " Very High Priority" if it sees the user get past the password pop-up function.)