Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

Post subject: AC:WW RTWE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:04 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Haven't been to KW in a while, but here's something we've been working on over at GH. Thought this might interest you guys.

When we do release it (if ever), we'll be sure to post it here as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aWtstqFNJUU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahicimNzdvI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6GzxeJo1QY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:29 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

I was going to do this myself at some point, but never got around to it.

Then I heard toenailed made a code that lets you type a value and get it into your inventory, and ARP turned it into a code that replaced all objects of one type with another of what's lying around your town.

I figure the end to all of this would be a massive CLI implementation. The code would pretty grotesquely long, but I'm sure there's plenty of RAM to hold it.

Post subject: Re: AC:WW RTWE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:39 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Well, the code to replace just the slot you're standing on is 29 lines and the code with the DPad function is 37 lines. I'm hoping toenailed or ARP can shorten it a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:58 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: The Mad Hacker
What a cool hack. I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:46 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Liquid Metal
Looks interesting. Though, as an alternate version of the code (I say alternate simply because it'd A. Make it bigger, and B. In case people don't want it) I suggest you have a reverse-function for it (aka, the spot your on pressing [buttons] would record the hex value of said spot or around said spot). Just a suggestion, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:10 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mario Kart 64 Hacker
Sweet. Those GHes everywhere are annoying though. <_< (Also, maybe you should call yourselves Action Replay Game Hackers. ;))
What are those songs you used? I want them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:59 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Quote:
Sweet. Those GHes everywhere are annoying though. <_< (Also, maybe you should call yourselves Action Replay Game Hackers. )
What are those songs you used? I want them.

That name wouldn't make much sense considering our popular PC Hacking section and our soon-to-be Console Hacking section. I don't understand your sarcasm. I'm sorry. (Fail?)

In any case, I like the idea of the reverse function. Currently, we have no plans on creating that but if you want to do it yourself you can feel free to do so. The entire project was open source (see 'Amateur Coding' at GH; or more directly Here).

The code has been released, for anybody who was interested :) [U1.0, U1.1, EU]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:53 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Action Replay Game Hackers. A.R.G.H.
Also, you didn't answer the question. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:52 am 
Komrade
Komrade

The first video uses the Final Destintation: Brawl theme from SSBB.

The second video uses the Coin Launcher minigame BGM, also, from SSBB.

The final song is one I don't remember the name of, but is definitely from...you guessed it, SSBB.

You HAVE SSBB. You should know this. :3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:31 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

The final song is from Sonic the Hedgehog (360/PS3). At the time of making the video I didn't have the full Brawl soundtrack downloaded yet so I didn't have the version from SSBB. That version is from the 360 game. It's called "His World" If you're interested in downloading it, I prefer the Zebrahead version.

EDIT: Thanks for explaining your sarcasm. I are teh fail for not catching that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:41 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

SSBB has a remix of "HIS WORLD" (yes, in all caps) that's really nice. I didn't recognize the name of the song because the version you used isn't from SSBB and therefore uses different instruments. I was close, though D:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:16 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Liquid Metal
Well, the Real-Time World Editor works quite nicely; Aside from my previous suggestion (and one I might just very well do myself), the only thing that could make it better is making it Wi-Fi friendly (aka, somehow manipulate the game so it sends the 'dropping -item here-' at '-current location-' to everyone else and therefore would be even more so "real-time". Though I figure it might be a bit hard to do, it'd definably be possible and, imo, worth the trouble. (Which, if I wasn't so lazy to actually try and find out where said 'object being dropped' value(s) are, I'd try and do it myself as well).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:28 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Full Metal Kirby wrote:
Well, the Real-Time World Editor works quite nicely; Aside from my previous suggestion (and one I might just very well do myself), the only thing that could make it better is making it Wi-Fi friendly (aka, somehow manipulate the game so it sends the 'dropping -item here-' at '-current location-' to everyone else and therefore would be even more so "real-time". Though I figure it might be a bit hard to do, it'd definably be possible and, imo, worth the trouble. (Which, if I wasn't so lazy to actually try and find out where said 'object being dropped' value(s) are, I'd try and do it myself as well).

I was talking to Virus about this the other day. He said when on wifi, when you update your map with a dropped item it sends out a packet to your visitor's telling their map to update with the new information. He told me that making it online is very possible (as you've stated) but it would be difficult. If you want to give it a go, by all means, have fun :) I have no plans to do this and as far as I know, neither does Toe.

EDIT: By the way, I recently took a few minutes and wrote your first idea. It just stores the hex of the item you're on to 0x02000000 right now. I'm thinking of ways to use it. Possibly store the item hex to copied text or make a different activator and make it so you can sort of copy + paste items in the RTWE code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:15 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

You just need a way to instantly drop items, right?

You could have the code check if there's empty space in the inventory, and if it finds some, put the item you specify into your inventory and then "drop" the item. However, find a way to skip the dropping animation, so the packet is sent but your character can still move. This would likely appear hideous to other players, but it should do the job.

So then, the real problem would be finding a way to skip the animation. But there's also the problem of deleting things. You'd have to be able to pick things up, and have the code skip animation of picking things up and delete them from the inventory as soon as they are collected while the code is active. Also tedious. And what about then the item can't be deleted that way? E.G. a tree that must be chopped down.

That idea sounds pretty unfeasible. Whatever.

My game freezes on WiFi. I think it's because of codes that overwrite what's on the ground...can someone list for me what types of codes don't work on WiFi?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:05 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Zeld wrote:
You just need a way to instantly drop items, right?

You could have the code check if there's empty space in the inventory, and if it finds some, put the item you specify into your inventory and then "drop" the item. However, find a way to skip the dropping animation, so the packet is sent but your character can still move. This would likely appear hideous to other players, but it should do the job.

So then, the real problem would be finding a way to skip the animation. But there's also the problem of deleting things. You'd have to be able to pick things up, and have the code skip animation of picking things up and delete them from the inventory as soon as they are collected while the code is active. Also tedious. And what about then the item can't be deleted that way? E.G. a tree that must be chopped down.

That idea sounds pretty unfeasible. Whatever.

My game freezes on WiFi. I think it's because of codes that overwrite what's on the ground...can someone list for me what types of codes don't work on WiFi?

I don't think any regular code should freeze your game on WiFi. Anything that overwrites something on the ground would just show up on your screen, and not the other players'. Things like search and replace are limited online. You can replace something with a weed then pluck the weed for the other player(s) to see the effect on their screen. There are different slot modifiers online and seperate text locations for online/offline. Well anyway, I don't see how any codes that work on your game offline should freeze your game online.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:01 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

A bit late, but I have to say that that text to item idea is really neat, I love it. I almost regret not to have think about it myself (but I have to admit I never played AC:WW more than 10 seconds)...

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:13 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Vash wrote:
I don't think any regular code should freeze your game on WiFi. Anything that overwrites something on the ground would just show up on your screen, and not the other players'. Things like search and replace are limited online. You can replace something with a weed then pluck the weed for the other player(s) to see the effect on their screen. There are different slot modifiers online and seperate text locations for online/offline. Well anyway, I don't see how any codes that work on your game offline should freeze your game online.
In other words these codes modify the map in memory, and the game isn't constantly sending a copy of the map to every other player while online; it only sends once and then notifies them of changes such as dropping items. You'd need to either send these notices manually or (if possible) re-send the map.