Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:40 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Location: I have several strategies. Don't make me pull one out.
Basically topic, and, *points to sig*

So? Anyone know of a PS3 or a Wii code device? I REALLY need one. Especially since Super Smash Bros. Brawl is about to come out and I need something to help me out in my new PS3 Ratchet & Clank game.

Basically because if I play those games without codes........ I'll get my ass kicked and get my ass handed to me. Yes, I suck at games that much.

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

There will NEVER be a PS3 cheat device, unless Sony officially wants one to be made for some strange reason.

The Wii Action Replay is still "in development." Now that the Freeloader is out, I would assume the AR might arrive in a few months, but definitely not before Brawl comes out. It could be never, if Nintendo decides to block the recently released Freeloader.

Please refer to Wikipedia for more information.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:45 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^Um......... why?!?!

People have always made cheat devices for game consoles before. What's preventing them from doing it again? This is BS...............

I CAN'T BEAT GAMES WITHOUT CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED A CHEAT DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:09 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
Blame encryption. With each console generation it gets harder to run non-official programs on any of the consoles, let alone find a security hole that would make mass-producing a cheat device a viable business plan. I'm guessing that by next generation we won't be seeing any commercial cheat devices, and that all cheat systems will be homebrewed.

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:57 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

*sighs* What, so I'm screwed? I really can't beat games without codes. I just can't. So? What am I supposed to do?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:49 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Title: The Mad Hacker
Make a friend and watch them beat it.

Watch them beat it... lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:07 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^That's... not funny...

Well... since I know that I can't beat games without codes... I guess I am screwed. *sighs*

This is so much BS it's not funny.

Thanks for all your help though, I do appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:25 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Try beating a game without cheats, fgt.

And you are the failure that ruins one's WiFi experience, becuase you "suck that much".

Ok, I did.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 am 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mario Kart 64 Hacker
Shouldn't be too long before someone writes a homebrew Wii cheat app, once they figure out how to go about loading a game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^Okay. Fine... but... what about the PS3?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:34 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

Nobody cares about Sony's game products. So expect one never.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:24 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^I CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:56 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

You shouldn't.

Anyway I'm sure PS3 will someday see a homebrew cheat app, if anyone gives enough of a shit to break the protection so that homebrew apps can load and patch games.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:18 pm 
Krew (Admin)
Krew (Admin)

I meant nobody intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:13 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^Ass.

*sighs* Goddammit. Why can't this shit be made?! It's so much BS it's not funny........

*sighs again*

Whatever. Guess I'd better figure something out.............

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:14 pm 
They're not going to happen because first someone must figure out how to run unsigned code on the system. This has been done on the Wii, but probably not going to happen on the ps3. Live with it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:28 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^Care to explain to me why it can't be done on the PS3?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:00 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
He did. In the same sentence, even.

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:02 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^Okay... then... why won't it be done on the PS3? It CAN be done, right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:29 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Silent Knuckler
He just told you. It cannot be done because you would have to run unsigned code (this means anything not officially written by Sony) on the PS3. And since the PS3 has so much encryption, and because there is not nearly enough people (yes, we know you care, but that doesn't matter in this sense) who care about the PS3 or its games to even try to find holes in the encryption, it is extremely unlikely that any cheat device for the PS3 will ever be made. As for the Wii cheat device, my recommendation: don't use one, at least don't rely on them for multiplayer (and yes, I know this is a hacking forum, but I only really believe in using cheat devices (only in single player modes) after you've put a decent amount of time into a game. Play until you get stuck, then you can try using one.). Yes, I have to admit, cheating is fun every once in awhile, but don't use it to beat the whole game. That defeats the purpose of the game itself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:09 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

You're making this more complicated than it needs to be. Simple answer: PS3 and Wii games are encrypted. A commercial cheat device has to be able to reliably defeat that encryption. Even if a hole is found that homebrewers can use, a commercial device can't rely on that hole if it can be patched in future versions, since that will make the device unusable. The encryption has to be completely defeated, which so far has only happened (AFAIK) on the Nintendo DS.
For the record, Xbox and X360 have the same problem, which is why (again AFAIK) no cheat devices were released for them. I'm not counting those lame save file editors as cheat devices.

Now, it's much more likely that someone will find an exploit allowing homebrew code to run. Even if it's not good enough for a commercial device, just about any method to run homebrew code will allow someone to write a cheat app, as long as the exploit doesn't leave the system in a state where legit copies of games can't be loaded. Currently, the Wii has such an exploit, but nobody has written a loader that doesn't require extra hardware, and there is still a lot to figure out about the system, so a cheat app is likely to appear in the future but not for a while. With PS3, quite simply, nobody both cares enough to look for such a hole and has the know-how to find one. If you want PS3 cheats, I suggest you start reading up on reverse-engineering.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Then how in the hell do you suggest I beat games without codes? I honestly don't see how it can be done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:45 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Hacker
UltimateDamage wrote:
Then how in the hell do you suggest I beat games without codes? I honestly don't see how it can be done.

Let's see, how YOU can beat the game. Here's an idea, find a players guide about that game and read it. That's how YOU can do it without cheats.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:12 pm 
I don't understand why it's our responsibility to help you beat video games.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:09 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^It's not. I just don't see why CMGSCCC, CodeJunkies, or whatever the hell the companies names are that make CodeBreaker and Action Replay, can't at least try to make code devices for the PS3 and the Wii. That's all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:52 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Silent Knuckler
Mainly because there is a heck of a lot of work that goes into breaking the encryption so the cheat device will actually work - but then again, since PS3's and Wii's have this thing called firmware update the security holes can easily be fixed, rendering the cheat devices useless. So basically why spend all that time finding security holes only to have them fixed in the next firmware update? Reason why Codebreaker for Gameboy and AR for DS were made is because they can't have firmware updates. So cheat devices will actually work. But it's different for PS3's and Wii's (like I just explained) so it can't work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:32 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^Ooh!! A loophole!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if you don't update you're firmware? Then it'll work, right? That's what you just said....... right? ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:41 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

UltimateDamage wrote:
^^^Ooh!! A loophole!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if you don't update you're firmware? Then it'll work, right? That's what you just said....... right? ^_^'

No, he did not say that. He only explained why a cheat device for the systems in question would be rendered useless. His explanation on why is what companies like Nintendo, Sony, and etc. would do to stop software like this from running on these systems. YOU might just have to accept that YOU and OTHERS will not be able to use cheat codes on these systems.

Last edited by Minion on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

^^^Yay!!!!!!! I'm loving these loopholes..........

For the time being huh?

Then that means they'll be made right? That's what you're implying......... right? ^_^'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:27 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

UltimateDamage wrote:
^^^Yay!!!!!!! I'm loving these loopholes..........

For the time being huh?

Then that means they'll be made right? That's what you're implying......... right? ^_^'