Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Discussion of illegal hacking/cracking is prohibited. (No virus/trojans/cracks/warez/etc allowed.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:54 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: EmZizzlE
Just recently I've extracted the Download station 4 kiosk finding a couple of files with no extensions on them, and tried adding a .nds extension on those files, but they had no usage.

Inside the directory, "UNPACK\data\stats" these files were named as these; ACBEclip, ACCEdemo, ACJEdemo, AEGEdemo, AL8Edemo, ANDEdemo, AOSEdemo, AWXEclip, and AYAEdemo

The errors I got while trying to run them was:

Code:
Bad Nintendo Logo (real gamesboy would shutdown)
Bad Header Checksum (real gamesboy would shutdown)
Bad ROM Entrypoint at Header [000h]
Bad Fixed Value 96h at Header [0B2h]

Does anyone know what the use are for these files? Can they be converted to single demo games?

Last edited by Dualscreenman on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edited title, removed code request formatting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:41 pm 
Komrade
Komrade

Title: Mr. Bitches
The files inside the ROM that you mentioned are compressed executables of the demos. You'll need to find a decompression tool to decompress the files so they can be executed by a flashcart or an emulator. In an uncompressed form, the demos will work with no$gba. I remember when the first volume of the kiosk demos was dumped, a decompression tool was released shortly after. I know you can find the tool at gbadev, but I don't know exactly where.

My advice would be to try to find a ROM release that has the uncompressed demo ROMs included with the kiosk ROM.

Oh, and this is more of a Hacking Jargon type topic, so I'll move it once you've seen this post. :P

jleemero wrote:
Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:21 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: EmZizzlE
Ahh okay cool.

I'll look up more info on the subject.