Kodewerx

Our culture has advanced beyond all that you could possibly comprehend with one hundred percent of your brain.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:05 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

You'll find instructions inside the archive.

Edit : In case you wonder what the tool does without downloading it : it lets you use the Trainer Toolkit with slot-1 cards.

Edit2 : Just noticed the title was still "1.00", but the tool was upgraded to version 1.10. So I corrected the title.

Edit3 : Some small compatibilities info (might not be 100% accurate for all games) :
This tool works on R4/M3Simply (some games requiere and older firmware), SC1/SC1i (tested with fw 3.0sp5), M3Real/M3Zeroi/iTouch/iTouch2i (must use the "Copy to ROM" option).
AFAIK it does not work with AK2i (official fw or akaio), EZVi, CycloDS, and YsMenu fw.

Edit4 : v1.50 is out. Now works with almost all devices (however for some you must insert the Trainer Toolkit after the game has been launched). Check the .txt file in the archive.

Edit5 : v1.70 is out. Fixed EZ-Flash, YsMenu and AKAIO (v1.5) compatibility. CycloDS is still supported (you need to insert/remove the TT hardware). AK2i is not supported. More info in the text file.

Edit6 : v1.71 : fixed a small - but annoying bug. To avoid problems with game ID (and cheats), you should upgrade to this version.

Edit7 : v1.72 : fixed two other bugs created by 1.71. If you (just one person downloaded it) downloaded 1.71, move to 1.72.

Edit 8 : Modified the program file name, from "TT Rom Patcher.exe" to "TT Rom Pаtcher.exe" (with a cyrillic "a"), so it can lure windows 7(/vista?) UAC (the problem being the "patch" word). That fixes the drag&drop problem.

Attachment:
File comment: Trainer Toolkit Rom Patcher v1.72
TT Rom Patcher172.rar [196.45 KiB]
Downloaded 914 times

Last edited by kenobi on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 14 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:28 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Thanks for releasing this. Maybe I'll need to get a slot-1 flashcart one day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:54 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

You're welcome !

I was holding it since some months, but after a lot of thoughts (and some discussion with Para) I just felt like it would be better to release it for the community.

Anyway the current v1.00 version seems to have a very small bug : it doesn't release the tt.bin file correctly after opening it (ie. when you patch a game), so you need to close the tool to access the file again. Not sure if it can lead to crashes/memory leaks. :/

I'll correct that in the next version, however I also wanna add a thing or two before releasing it, and wanted to see if I get any feedback with bug reports (so I could correct them at the same time - but for now only the only people that tried the tool says it's working great...).

I also forgot to mention in the .txt file that :

a) if you use a custom made program, there will be an "unknown" size limit to it. That's because the slot-1 devices patch the ARM7, and if the place they need to patch is not there (because it has been compressed), they'll just get stuck. If that happens, my advice would be to compress your program, and add a decompression routine at its very start, to try to reduce its size. (I could make it that the tool would compress tt.bin before injecting it, and put a decompression routine for it...).

b) once the game has been patched you should not modify its arm7 manually else you might end up breaking the "unpatch" feature, which could also make the tool crash.(I'll try to add some more checks to avoid that kind of crash.).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:15 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Location: on a shark with frikkin lazers attached to its head
Title: Cancer man
will give it a try on my Cyclo DS evolution one of these days !
Thanks for sharing :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Click Here <------
sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:45 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

pardon me for being dumb, but when I try to dump the TT rom through the hex view of the tookit software, it tells me that it can't talk to the trainer board... even though the board is inserted and the DS is on the "DS" screen, with the trainer board running.. (and I can insert a game to hack it)

(the bottom part of my screen does say "CODE ENGINE v1.22" for the TT, isn't this supposed to be the same version as the firmware on the AR (v1.52) ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:35 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

That's strange. Do your TT work with a game ? If yes, do the dump while the game is running, it should work the same way.

If you've never used the trainer toolkit before, it might not be installed properly. What OS are you using btw ?

And no, the TT version number has nothing to do with the AR version.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:46 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Click Here <------
long time no c kenbi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:28 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

(thanks for the reply!) it was my fault.
apparently not all usb cables are the same.. my TT seems very picky about which cable it uses.
when I plug in the cable that came with my linksys IP phone, windows recognizes the TT, but the software itself won't touch the device.
When using the original TT cable, everything works as it should... strange but true

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:37 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Updated to v1.10.
The main change is an option that will not compress the ARM7, but copy it to the end of the ROM along with the TT.bin data.

That might make the tool compatible with more slot1 devices. It's not been tested on anything but R4/M3 yet though...

I also fixed the release bug with the TT.bin file, and added some delay before/after any file access, because I had a lot of exception when trying to access files from my MicroSD.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:45 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I've gone through all of the instructions, but I'm getting a white bottom screen (not normal) and getting stuck on the 'Loading' screen (on the top screen, obviously) using an R4DS. I get the same thing when I simply boot the R4 from the normal ARDS menu (without the Slot-2 TT device)...

Any advice for this?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:53 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Anyone manage to get this working with a Cyclo Evolution?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:48 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

As far as I know it's not "compatible" with the CycloDS (at least it wasn't with the "old" (~2/3 month old) firmwares).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:12 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Who care if it doesn't work with the CycloDS?
It'll work with plenty of cheapo $20 - $25 cards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I have tried it on an M3 Real, R4DS, Acekard RPG, and EZV. The closest it has come to working is double white screens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:40 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

luney wrote:
I have tried it on an M3 Real, R4DS, Acekard RPG, and EZV. The closest it has come to working is double white screens.

Well then, you're not doing it right :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:29 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

jleemero wrote:
luney wrote:

At first I was a bit angry at this statement. Then I went back and checked everything. I had one digit in the address range for the dump, incorrect. It works flawlessly now on my R4. Thanks for the push jleemero and thank you kenobi for creating this for us.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

luney wrote:
jleemero wrote:
luney wrote:

At first I was a bit angry at this statement. Then I went back and checked everything. I had one digit in the address range for the dump, incorrect. It works flawlessly now on my R4. Thanks for the push jleemero and thank you kenobi for creating this for us.

Have a cookie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:38 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Thanks for the reply kenobi. I just ordered an R4DS so I'll give it a go when that comes.

jleemero,

That's the second post I've seen you make where you seem to really dislike the Cyclo Evolution. What's wrong with it? I was always under the impression people consider it one of the best cards, just a bit too expensive. I'd think as programmers in general you'd want the greatest amount of compatibility possible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:42 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

scowboy wrote:
Thanks for the reply kenobi. I just ordered an R4DS so I'll give it a go when that comes.

jleemero,

That's the second post I've seen you make where you seem to really dislike the Cyclo Evolution. What's wrong with it? I was always under the impression people consider it one of the best cards, just a bit too expensive. I'd think as programmers in general you'd want the greatest amount of compatibility possible.

I have no problem with the CycloDS.
It's just not special in any way compared to near any other card, and tends to be overpriced.

I do however have a problem with the R4.
It was a great card, back in 2006, when it came out.
Now it's rarely updated, over priced, and lacks the features of even the cheapest cards you can get nowadays.
Yet people still swear by it, because, when it came it, it was pretty dang cool.
Nowadays, not so much.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:28 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Ah OK. I think I paid like 35 for it, so I guess I could have gotten one of the others a little cheaper. It doesn't much matter though as I'm only going to be using it with the trainer toolkit and will stick to the CycloDS the majority of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:26 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

i have a problem XD
always i want patch any game the programm say me "Error in TT.bin file."
but from where i become the tt.bin? they not in the rar archiv XD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Anyway to dump the trainer toolkit rom without an Action Replay? I have a G6 Lite and a R4 and just bought the trainer kit, would love to be able to use this but unfortunately won't have the ability to dump my own rom when it arrives on Wednesday. Any possible solution? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:52 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

I cant get it work. Could anybody please give me a step by step introduction ? :)

edit: I just don't know what i have to do :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 am 
Kommunist
Kommunist

Title: Big-O
Yea im new and i would really like to be able to use my trainer toolkit with my R4 but i read the .txt and i just dont really understand it..i opened the hex viewer thing but then.."..and make a
dump of the 0x08800000~0x08800930 area."
wat the heck does tht mean :shock: :? plz someone help me
Thnx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:00 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

When Datel's Trainer Toolkit software is running on the PC (with the TT hardware and the AR in the DS, and the TT hardware plugged to the PC) do this :
Click on the Tools menu (in the top of the software window), then select "Show Hex View".
It will bring a window with a lot of numbers. This is a view of the DS memory.

(If an error message appears at that point, and the window is filled with question marks, than means there is a problem (TT hardware not plugged to the PC, AR not running on the DS...). So double-check everything).

Right click on the windows that appeared (actually right-click on the hexadecimal numbers), and choose "Save to File" (last choice).

Fill the box that appears like this :
From address 0x08800000
To address 0x08800930

Make sure you put the "0x" (lowercase) before the addresses, and that no space are put before/after the addresses.

Click the OK button.

The software will show a "save as" window.
Enter "TT.bin" for the file name, and save it in the same directory than the TTRomPatcher tool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:03 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

aah thx i now understand with your help and someone else that pmed me..so now i drag the nds rom on the patcher and patch then put back in R4..put R4 in ds and leave tt in gba slot..load game and the trainer toolkit should work..correct?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

That how it should work.

But you have to use an "old" r4 fimware for some games (can't really wich firmware/game, it's a try and tell thing), as I'm pretty sure it doesn't work well on recent firmwares for certain games (at least that was what happened with the M3Simply, because I guess there were timing issues with some games and they did something that disabled the GBA access under ARM7 to speed them up).

Also it doesn't seem to work with Yasu Menu at all.

Finaly if 'compress ARM7' doesn't work you can still try the 'Copy to Rom' option.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:29 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

yea thnx so much now..i still get very confused when i read so many posts on kodewerx due to not knowing a lot of this stuff but i was really worried that the $40 TT i bought in the summer wasnt gonna get a lotta use cuz after i got my R4..i didnt buy any more ds games..but im really glad now tht i can make codes with nds roms on my R4 :D

but wow..how does someone figure a code like the cloning one for pkm d/p!?! i would ahve no idea where u would begin the searching for :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:38 pm 
Kommunist
Kommunist

has anybody got it work for MPH on the M3Real? I've been trying for over one hour to find the correct settings but without any success (For most other games i got it working).
I've tryed this:

AR DS Hook 1-5
Para's IH ARM7
Fix Ards Hook Freezing on/off
Compress ARM / Copy to Rom

what did i wrong? (as said i got it working on other roms like mario card ds)